Friday, March 8, 2013

leader vs. follower, the very brief catch.


People struggle each day for their own personal battles. The hardest thing about trying too much to win the fight is that "too much" itself is an infinite phrase. And to add to the challenging factors, most of the times, our real archenemies are ourselves. Even when staying in control seems to be the dignified thing to do, sometimes, I just beg to disagree.

Here's a fictional story. The leader and the follower were having this conversation about professionalism, being immature, lame excuses, commitment, etcetera, etcetera...

Leader: Saying you will do it does not makes me comfortable that you really will do it. I need to see it happening first.

Follower: You don't believe me.

Leader: It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that you have disappointed me more than enough times for me to stop expecting too much.

Follower: I am trying my best, but still you complain that I never do enough. You know what the problem is? You see too much of the bad and not enough of the good things.

Leader: Maybe it's because there's no enough good to see. 

Follower: Or maybe your definition of  good is just too perfect to be real.

Leader: Is it asking too much to have you do your job? You chose this, I did not force this on you.

Follower: I chose this because it was supposed to be fun. But right now, to be honest with you, I'm not happy at anything about this job anymore. Every move I make is either the wrong one, or the not correct one. 

Leader: From where I'm standing, you are not happy because you define "happy" as an environment where what you want to happen, happens. But this world is not a wishing well, and even if it is, you will always run out of lucky coins. You have to know the limits of playing around and take things seriously, otherwise, it will eat you alive.

Follower: Then I quit.

Leader: That has been your decision all along so I am not surprised. Just remember, wherever you go and whatever you do, there will always be the leader and the follower. No matter who you are between the two, it takes a lot of one's everything to make the best out of who he is and put the world in awe.



Note: The leader is me. The follower is me. They are different entities. They both lives inside me. Sometimes, one dominates, sometimes, they are both superior that it gets so complicated. In the end, though, both has the power to make things right...

2 comments: