Saturday, June 16, 2018

Songs and thoughts as the week ends

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
- Niall Horan, Flicker
I know I cannot unbreak your broken heart. I can apologize all I want and it will still never be enough. Like you said, it's a dead situation so CPR is useless. I hope you know that I loved you and I was sincerely happy with you. Thank you for helping me become a better person. For one last time, I'm sorry. Despite everything, I know you know that I wish you happiness and success.


I spent last night, on the last flight to you
Took a whole day up, trying to get way up, ooh ooh
We spent the daylight, trying to make things right between us
And now it's all good baby
Roll that Backwood baby, and play me close
- Maroon 5, Girls Like You
I just love how Ellen looks so confused in this song's music vid. And of course, handsome Levine nailed it with another hit song worth sharing.


I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of this Earth for you
To make you feel my love, oh yes
To make you feel my love
- Adele, Make You Feel My Love
I said it before and I can say it again now... I love you. I appreciate everything you do for me. I know you've been through a lot and you may feel like I'm your last shot at life. But I'm not. It sounds so hopeless if put that way. Life is a sequence of chances and decisions. What we have now is another chance; how we will make it through depends on how strong we are as a unit. I'll stay with you for the rest of my life. I hope you decides to stay with me forever, too. .


'Cause the world is a place
That will eat you alive in one day
Said the world is a place
That you can´t survive without faith
Sometimes in my tears I drown
But I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds
I know some day it´ll all turn around
- Matisyahu, One Day
Everyone has something going on that they need to overcome. We all walk on the same earth; we should never question the gravity of others' pain and suffering. Instead of comparing who has life at its worse, it's maybe best for us to encourage each other to be strong and survive. It gets annoying to see negative things people keeps on saying about others... as if criticizing (anonymously or not) helps solve the problem. I mean, I get it. Some people deserves the beating from time to time. But where does that really get us? Reverse psychology has its limits. Nope. I'm not saying to patronize people's stupid mistakes and bad decisions. Just maybe... give them a chance? Mistakes and bad decisions doesn't make the person. Some people just need to know and experience compassion and trust. The saying goes like "make it or break it," not "break it or break it." I think some people are just not given enough chances to try to make it because of shitty labels we force on them. Which is really worse: to make mistakes/bad decisions or to judge people who (we think) are making them?

No comments:

Post a Comment