Saturday, August 1, 2015

The things that go wrong often make the best memories. —Gretchen Rubin

I've spent life hovering above bottom
Thinking I can't survive what's below
But I've known through the kicking and screaming
That there was no other direction to go

I feel done, I feel raked over coals
and all that remains is the case
That it's a bitch to grow up
-It's a bitch to grow up by Alanis Morissette

We're all looking for that "something" to fill the void we have inside. Yet, there is always nothing that's huge and perfect enough to make things everlasting. Why? Because nothing on the outside world will ever complete us. Because only we can complete ourselves. Believing otherwise only results to disappointment. Nobody and nothing defeats the kind of fulfillment we can bring to ourselves. Once we accept that we are responsible and very much capable of creating our happiness, then we'll be at peace.

I am in turmoil right now. I can't decide if I should do what's right for them or what's right for me. Both options will hurt someone. Both options will cause sadness. Some people will even have to leave without saying goodbye. Yes, I am in turmoil.

When the wave comes, go deep.

I feel like I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment