Monday, June 16, 2014

Hello, Monday! =)

The Good Fight is the one we Fight because our heart asks it of us.The Good Fight is the one that’s fought in the name of our dreams. When we are young our dreams first explode inside us with all of their force, we are very courageous, but we haven’t yet learned how to Fight. With great effort, we learn how to Fight, but by then we no longer have the courage to go into combat. So we turn against ourselves and do battle within. We become our own worst enemy. We say that our dreams were childish, or too difficult to realize, or the result or our not having known enough about life. We kill our dreams because we are afraid to Fight the Good Fight. --http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2013/03/06/the-good-fight-3/

 - - - - - - - -

It's been a while since I again tried this kind of 'chilling and relaxing.' Browsing random sites, catching up with friends, downloading songs and books from different genres, eating junk food and drinking unhealthy drinks... and as I realize that it is already Monday and I've been up for quite some time, I had this goofy smile on my face.  I don't feel tired at all. In fact, I feel like I've removed the stress I've accumulated for the past week in just one night of fooling around the cyberworld. I guess I miss having back and head aches for staying up all night and being unproductive.

This has been part of my Good Fight. To be nothing for the weekend because the week had been too much work for my mind and body. It does not always have to be so great or monumental; even when it is just a simple thing like surviving a day at work or finishing a project or trying to cool a the best meal ever, as long one feels happy and fulfilled in trying to achieve it, it becomes a part of "the Fight." Where else do we get strength for the coming fight but in moments like these -- uninhibited and free? Ala lang, I just feel great today so please, walang basagan ng trip.

Hello, Monday! ^______^


And kudos to all fathers who have kept their families a one happy and united family. Your sons and daughters will always be your number one fans.... To my Tatay, I love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. We all decide how we would live! But to achieve our dreams we have to fight and work hard. But like you said, once in a while, it is good to do nothing...just float along and be merry:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo nga po eh. :-) sarap tumambay at gumawa ng wala even just for a short while... but then again, the next day comes and it's a manic monday once again...

      Delete
  2. Hey you! Yeah, the awesome one in the back! (; You've just been nominated for the Sunshine Award! Click here to bask in your glory: http://strictlystephanie.blogspot.com/2014/07/o-happy-day-another-award-d_14.html
    Congrats! (:

    ReplyDelete