Saturday, April 11, 2015

Have courage and be kind... - Cinderella

I'll be damned, Cupid's demanding back his arrow
So let's get drunk on our tears

If you are given a magic wand and has a chance to change one thing, anything, what would it be? Would you be unselfish and wish for world peace? Would you use magic to have someone love you back instead of wanting them to give the feeling because their heart tells them to? Would you wish for divine intervention and have yourself forget all the pain? Will you find happiness then? Or would that just give you more empty spaces hard to fill?

And God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

Someone said the world needs a lot of saving so we gotta do what we gotta do to make a contribution. But sometimes, we are the one who needs saving. We need saving from sadness, from painful memories, from hatred, even from ourselves. We need our own version of superhero to save us from being swallowed whole by darkness, or else even shadows will cease to exist. As long as there's a shadow, there's a hope for light. As long as there's hope for light, no matter how dim, we have something to hold on to.

Who are we?
Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?
Woe is me
If we're not careful turns into reality

I want something I know I don't deserve. We all have that one wish that can never come true, because once it does, we might lose the chance to wish more. It is the line that separates us from reality. We just can't lose what's on the other side of the line.

But don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow
Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer
Turn the page, maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears

You are my hope, you are my wish, you are my prayer. Love is the only thing that's always right, but I am wrong to feel it. Someday, I will be hurt again for bringing back to life old feelings, for waking up with old memories. For now, please let me have the chance to be wrong once again.

And I thought I saw you out there crying
And I thought I heard you call my name
And I thought I heard you out there crying
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?
Are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

We are not lost stars because we know exactly where we want to be, the right places for us. We live in different worlds, otherwise I will not be singing this song. We keep on waiting for the right time, but it never comes. We keep on dreaming for the right love, but it does not exist. Because love comes in different forms, and there is always a price to pay for trying to change one form to another. We just can't. Love is what it is. Love can never be what we want it to be, it is its own self. We will know what true love is once we accept within ourselves that Love cannot be identified as a single entity. Love cannot be understood in one lifetime alone. Love is a whole bunch of complicated things labeled by one word. Love is just that: LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment